Besan ladoo is one of the most popular sweet in India. It is easy to make and favorite of all kids. It is a good snack for journey as it can be stored for longer period compared to other sweets.
Gram flour 2 cups
Ghee 1 cup (Use only 3/4 in the beginning and use rest if needed later while binding ladooes)
Almonds 2 tablespoon finely chopped
Pistachio 2 tablespoon finely chopped
Cardamom powder 1 tea spoon
Sugar boora (tagar) 11/2 cup or u adjust it according to your taste
Water 2 tablespoon
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat 3/4 cup of ghee
- Once the ghee is heated, add gram flour to it
- Roast it in slow medium heat till it turns golden brown and aromatic
- Keep stirring it continuously.
- Sprinkle some water into it, small bubbles will appear keep stirring it till all the bubbles will settle down. This process will give it a nice texture to ladooes.
- Remove it from the heat and the empty the mixture on a big plate.
- Add dry fruits and cardamom powder
- Allow the mixture to cool down a bit.
- Once it is cool enough for you to touch comfortably add sugar boora (tagar).
- Mix the mixture properly with hands. If needed, mix some ghee and start making ladoo…