Chivda is a perfect snack for all the seasons. It is easy to make, tasty and healthy. You can add or subtract ingredients as per your taste.
2 cups thin poha
1/3 cup peanuts
1/2 cup roasted chana dal
Some dry coconut slices
1/2 cup mixed dry fruits (Cashew nuts, pistachio and raisins)
Few curry leaves
1/3 cup besan sev (snack made of gram floor)
4 green chilies slit
11/2 tea spoon chaat masala
Pinch of asafoetida
1 spoon powder sugar
1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/4 tea spoon mustard seeds
2 table spoon oil
salt to taste
- Put poha in microwave for about one min or you can dry roast it in a pan so that it becomes crispy.
- Take 2 table spoon of oil in a small pan and deep fry all the dry fruits (except raisins), peanuts, dry coconut slices and green chilis
- Transfer all the leftover oil in a big pan and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric power and pinch of asafetida.
- Once the tadka is ready, mix poha with light hands. It should not break.
- Add chaat masala, salt, roasted chana daal, sugar powder and salt to taste.
- Switch of the gas and mix all fried ingredients, raisins and some besan sev.
Store it in air tight container after it gets cool.